HJ Sims is proud to be attending and presenting at the 2023 LeadingAge Iowa Spring Conference and Solutions Expo. We look forward to connecting.
“If You’re Not at the Table, You’re Probably on the Menu”
Thursday, May 4, 2023 | 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Many non-profit organizations are not positioned to react when mergers and acquisitions and affiliation opportunities arise. This session explores steps management can take to be in a position of strength when considering future acquisitions or a sponsorship transition of your own ministry. We will look at steps providers are taking with their Board to be proactive to be at the table when mission-advancing opportunities are included on the menu. Attendees will take away tools that their Board can adopt to ensure alignment and board buy-in when evaluating opportunities.
- Describe the importance of keeping your board up to date with the type and velocity of affiliations and sponsorship transitions happening in the senior living industry
- Explain how other non-profits and for-profits are successfully positioning themselves to grow (and/or divest) via mergers and acquisitions
- Explore how to use the take-away tool and how it can be customized for your community. A sample will be discussed and the tool will be available for providers to ‘take-home’ after the session
“How to Incorporate Middle Market Products on Your Campus”
Thursday, May 4, 2023 | 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm
This session will highlight the strategic significance of extending housing to the middle market. Understand the increasing pressure on senior living providers to meet the demands of the emerging middle market. Learn what baby boomers and their families are really looking for when it comes to middle market housing and services. Additionally, we will review current design strategies including common space considerations, accommodation styles to reduce construction costs and maximize efficiencies.
- Explain the demand and reasons behind the demand for moderate priced housing
- Identify key success factors for development, including location considerations, campus integration, and service offerings.
- Consider design, construction and financing strategies for these and other capital projects.