HJ Sims is proud to be able to attend, exhibit, sponsor and present at the annual conference.
Visit us at Booth #57.
Session Date & Time: Monday, September 27, 2021 from 4:15 pm – 5:15 pm
Room: Senator Vandenberg Room A in the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
Thought Leadership and Educational Session:
The Power of an Innovative Senior Services Board
Not-for-profit senior living management expect their boards to be forward-thinking, strategic and innovative. Innovation at the board level is a function of various elements, including when there is a defined strategic direction and best practices. So, what does an effective board look like? What are some tools boards can use to remain focused on their organizations’ mission? Does the board or management create the strategic plan? This discussion is designed to create an atmosphere for executive management and board members to gain insights into best practices in their journey towards innovation and strategic thinking.
- Defining board member responsibilities such as the board’s role in setting the strategic direction for the organization;
- Strategies for board effectiveness while adapting to change and disruption;
- Confronting common “tension areas.”
- Lynn Daly, Executive Vice President, HJ Sims
- Steve Fetyko, United Methodist Retirement Communities and Porter Hills, CEO
- Mary Wagner, United Methodist Retirement Communities and Porter Hills, Board Member
- Lynn Daly, Executive Vice President