VIRGINIA SMALL BUSINESS FINANCING AUTHORITY
Residential Care Facilities Revenue and Refunding Bonds
LifeSpire of Virginia
HJ Sims is pleased to serve as senior underwriter for tax-exempt Series 2021 revenue and refunding bonds on behalf of LifeSpire of Virginia, a not-for-profit organization currently comprised of four senior living properties and a foundation committed to supporting its communities through fundraising.
Virginia Baptist Homes, Inc. d.b.a. LifeSpire of Virginia and its Obligated Group currently operate four Life Plan Communities in Virginia with a total of 763 independent living units, 203 assisted living units, 82 memory care units and 227 skilled nursing units. These communities include:
- The Culpeper—Culpeper, Virginia
- Lakewood—Richmond, Virginia
- The Chesapeake—Newport News, Virginia
- The Glebe—Daleville, Virginia
While each LifeSpire community features a unique setting and benefits, all share a single mission of empowering individuals with choices in purposeful living and a value system that reflects the ideals of faith, servant-leadership, stewardship, peace of mind, innovation and joy.
About the Bonds
- Series 2021
- Fitch Rated “BBB” Stable Outlook
- Bonds are exempt from Federal Income Tax and exempt from State of Virginia Income Tax
- Denominations of $5,000
- Interest will be payable on June 1 and December 1 of each year, commencing December 1, 2021
- First principal payment: December 1, 2021
- Acquire The Summit CCRC (IL/AL only), located in Lynchburg, Virginia
- Refund outstanding bank debt
- Develop additional independent living cottages at Lakewood and The Culpeper communities
- Secured by gross revenues and mortgage
- Proposed Series 2021 Bonds will be secured on a parity basis with existing indebtedness and the 2021 Taxable Loan
Key Financial Covenants
- 1.20x Debt Service Coverage Ratio; tested annually
- 120 Days Cash on Hand; tested semi-annually
- Event of Default if DSRC is below 1.00x for two consecutive fiscal years
We are currently accepting indications of interest for these tax-exempt bonds with an expected pricing the week of August 2, 2021, and anticipated settlement during the week of August 16, 2021. For more information including risks, please read the Preliminary Official Statement in its entirety. If you have interest in purchasing these bonds, please contact your HJ Sims financial professional as soon as possible.
*Subject to change
No dealer, broker, salesperson, or other person has been authorized to give any information or to make any representation other than those contained in the Preliminary Official Statement and, if given or made, such other information or representation should not be relied upon as having been authorized by the Issuer, the Borrower, or the Underwriters. The information set forth herein has been obtained from the Issuer, Borrower, and other sources that are believed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness by, and is not construed as a representation of, the Underwriters. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances shall this constitute an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. Any offering or solicitation will be made only to investors pursuant to the Preliminary Official Statement, which should be read in its entirety. Investments involve risk including the possible loss of principal. HJ Sims is a member of FINRA and SIPC, and is not affiliated with Virginia Baptist Homes, Inc.