Governance Webinar Series: How does a board set an organization’s strategic vision amongst the uncertainty of the times?
Session Description: HJ Sims is sponsoring this series of comprehensive virtual content geared directly toward the Governance of senior living providers. Targeting board members, leadership teams and those new to these roles, but a benefit to all leaders in our field, the sessions will tap the intellectual capital of industry experts from governance, law, finance, development, and strategic planning. The series will explore the role of the board as well as its legal responsibilities. Included will be a discussion of the financial outlook coming out of the Pandemic as well as recent and future financial trends. There will be a session dedicated to strategic planning in unprecedented times. Finally, the series will culminate with a panel discussion amongst CEOs and Board Chairs with a passion for and demonstrated excellence in not-for-profit senior living governance.
Individual Session Details:
Financial Trends and Outlooks for Providers
- This session will review the new reality of COVID expenses that are here to stay.
- February 11, 2021 from 11am to 12:15pm EST
- Facilitator: Tom Bowden, Senior Vice President – Investment Banking, HJ Sims and Gayl Mileszko, Director of Analysis & Commentary, HJ Sims
Strategic Planning in Unprecedented Times
- During unprecedented times, it is still feasible for communities to consider various repositioning
perspectives and scenario planning for the “what if’s”.
- February 25, 2021 from 11am to 12:15pm EST
- Facilitators: Tom Bowden, Senior Vice President – Investment Banking, HJ Sims and Dana Wollschlager, Partner, Plante Moran Living Forward
Governing during Challenging Times
- A panel of CEOs and Board Chairs will provide best practices in governing during difficult and challenging times.
- March 11, 2021 from 11am to 12:15pm EDT
- Facilitator: Aaron Rulnick, Managing Principal, HJ Sims