HJ Sims will be there – start a conversation with one of our expert not-for-profit team members specializing in structuring and underwriting senior living and long term care financings.
Educational Session: Senior Living Change and Growth – Future Ready!
Session Date & Time: Tuesday, May 24th, 4:15-5:15pm (ET)
Due to demographics and the eminent change our consumer demand as well as the increased challenges in dealing with Skilled Nursing and the shrinking work force – life plan communities must change and adapt to be successful and ‘future-ready.’
Presenters will discuss ways providers are changing to adapt to future needs. Hear from an architect, a marketing expert and a banker about examples on models of senior living that are already starting to challenge traditional communities. They will explore how communities can do more with less by offering service flexibility and focusing on qualitative vs. quantitative experience. Two Providers who are/have undergone significant change are Clark Retirement Communities, who merged into a larger NFP Senior Living System, while growing on their own campus, and Resthaven, who is in the process of building/opening two new campuses. Hear from the Providers how their changes adapt to their organization’s perceived needs for the future.
- Discover how demographic projections and major economic disruptors like the pandemic, labor shortages and soaring home prices will impact senior living communities and their consumers for years to come, including how LPCs are doing more with less.
- Existing / traditional Life Plan Communities can transform themselves to meet new or changing markets while staying true to their mission.
- Learn from two real case studies, how Western Michigan providers have embraced change and growth to best prepare their organizations for the future. Understand their thought-process and their stake-holder’s (residents, staff, board’s) reaction to their bold changes.
- Lynn Daly, Executive Vice President, HJ Sims
- Brian Pangle, CEO, Clark Retirement Communities
- Deedre Vriesman, CEO, Resthaven
- Hoppy Sell, Tandem
- Margaret Yu, RLPS