A conference “journey forward” created for leaders to connect in a forum where you can discuss the tough moments from the last year, hear ideas that can transform your organization, and make sure you and your teams are ready for the next wave of innovation in the aging services field.
Session Date & Time: June 3, 2021 from 12pm-12:45pm.
Thought Leadership and Educational Session:
One Doesn’t Have to Be the Loneliest Number: How Single-Site LPCs Can Continue to Thrive
Melissa Messina conducts a high-level discussion of strategic planning for single site communities that do not involve merger and acquisition opportunities. Two single site life plan communities in Maryland – Broadmead, which is located in the rolling hills of Cockeysville, and Edenwald, which is more urban in Towson, will be featured providing in-depth experience and insights. One LPC is situated in a more suburban/rural setting and one in a more urban setting – and will discuss their experience as the premier senior living providers in the area. In particular, an assessment of the key factors from an operational, financial, and leadership perspective that have converged and allowed the communities to cultivate their reputations for resident service and to thrive from a financial perspective, including commentary around advantages the communities have relative to larger, multi-site organizations. In addition, instead of conveying the fruits of those successes to a parent organization, the communities will discuss how they have been able to leverage their successes to continue improving their ability to respond to the needs of its current and future residents, with recent expansion activity.
- Discuss the key factors, emphasizing those with the greatest degree of transferability and those unique to single-site providers, that financially-sound single-site LPCs share.
- Provide insight into the approach to strategic planning of the communities, and how their status as a single-site provider adds to their overall flexibility with respect to decision-making.
- Learn from commentary regarding how strategic planning, specifically for the unique challenges that single-site providers face, has been and may in the future be affected as the world continues to emerge from the pandemic.
- Melissa Messina, Senior Vice President, HJ Sims
- Mark Beggs, President and CEO, Edenwald
Robin Somers, President and CEO, Broadmead
- Aaron Rulnick, Managing Principal
- Melissa Messina, Senior Vice President